The following document will list all the DevOps/QA Automation developer responsibilities that are required for Viventium and the level of expertise that we think is required for performing those tasks.
1. Build/Test automation (Level 3) 1. Configure and maintain automatic builds and tests via TeamCity (or Jenkins) 2. Integrate with Github and GitHooks as needed 3. Handle build/test failures with the developers 4. Ability to automatically deploy features by the demand to QA based on Pull Requests in Github
1. Deployment (Level 3) 1. Deploy the different application/services to production/office 2. Automate the deployment process (e.g. Octopus) 3. Maintain different deployment environments (Dev/QA/Staging/Production)
3. Backups (Level 2) 1. Develop/Maintain our PowerShell based SQL backup/restores/validation system 2. Automate backups of different dev systems (e.g. Git/ProGet servers)
4. QA Automation (Level 3) 1. Create infrastructure for QA automation using Selenium 2. Work with the QA team for building QA automation 3. Help writing complex QA procedures
5. Logs & Monitoring (Level 2) 1. Write in-depth (full stack) production monitoring procedures 2. Write production performance monitoring procedures 3. Handle/automate logs aggregation and analysis (e.g. Kibana) 4. Handle production monitoring failures
6. Handle production issues (Level 1/2/3) 1. Analyze/identify/resolve production issues 2. Analyze/identify/resolve application/services issues 3. Analyze application/services logs 4. Analyze and troubleshoot issues with third-party integrations 5. Analyze and troubleshoot issues with the developers
8. Dev Systems (Level 1/2) 1. Jira/Git/ProGet administration and automation
Viventium Software Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Who we are Looking for:
Minimum 5+ years of experience as DevOps developer in a dev and production environments
Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools e.g. TeamCity or Jenkins
Experience with deployment automation e.g. Octopus
Experience with QA automation using Selenium
Experience working with the QA team for QA automation
Experience working with windows servers
Knowledge of C# and Python is an advantage
Knowledge of Angular/AngularJS/ Protractor/Karma is an advantage
Knowledge of Xamarin is an advantage
Experience working with Jira/Git/ProGet is an advantage
Experience working with Google Firebase & Microsoft Azure is an advantage
At Viventium, you don’t work, you build. We enable companies and their employees to do their best work. We know that employees want to thrive and employers want to do what is right. The human element of HCM is what we create through our technology, service and sales. HCM is a mindset, not a catch phrase, and it certainly is not a spectator sport! We promise a career changing experience where you matter. We believe that our future is dependent on the talent we recruit, develop, unleash, and retain. We believe that our client’s success is the only thing we care about. If we can be strategic to our clients then their success will ensure ours.
Our company motto “in it with you” represents our philosophy on what it means to be a company that addresses the Human Capital Management (HCM) needs of small and midsized businesses. Being “in it with you” means we impact HCM in a way that is meaningful and drives business outcomes. We believe that while the SMB market has similar business challenges, there is also a uniqueness that often demands customization.
Driving our passion to address these needs is our cutting edge cloud-based software. We choose to have one platform that is scalable and dynamic. Coupled with our intuitive software is our up-skilled client services team that exists to ensure a positive experience with every call. It is the reason our clients are loyal and promote Viventium. We believe that the SMB market deserves the best in each functional area of business management surrounding managing employees. We partner and integrate with the best and most innovative companies to service need outside of the core payroll and HR functions.
Viventium Software is a privately held company with locations in New York and New Jersey. We have been in business for over 25 years and have nearly 5,000 clients.